Geosteering Workshop by NORCE and NFES
1-2 November, 2022
The main event page is @DigiWells.no
To make sure you have the latest information, please visit: https://digiwells.no/events/geosteering-2022
There were reported technical problems during registration on Friday, September 30. If you have not recieved confirmation email, please contact Sergey Alyaev (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
About the event
Due to the high cost of offshore operations in a harsh environment, the North Sea is in the top league in developing cutting-edge technologies for formation evaluation and geosteering. Many innovative solutions pioneered for the North Sea are now commercially available worldwide. Extensive research, technology development, and investments in innovation remain the key factors that provide more value for each well delivered in the region, keeping it competitive worldwide. With the increased focus on the green shift, the traditional hydrocarbon projects are joined by wells, which enable the energy industry in a broader sense. Motivated by the workshop’s success in 2019, NFES and NORCE invite you again to the Oil Capital of Norway (Stavanger) to meet other geosteering experts and share the ideas that would drive the energy industry forward in the following decades.
|Research Council of Norway||ROGII||Aker BP||Equinor||Logtek|
Sponsor opportunities available
Due to the venue limitations the online registration is closed. If you have enquiries for full or one-day registration after October 19 please contact Sergey Alyaev email@example.com.
|Before October 1||Before October 19||Before October 25|
|Delegate||2800 NOK||4100 NOK||On request|
|Student||400 NOK||n/a||n/a||Sold out|
|One-day||n/a||n/a||2400 NOK||9 left|
One-day registration only gives access to the workshop program and lunch on the selected day. Full/student registration includes full access to the workshop, lunches, and the conference dinner on November 1. For NFES members in good standing and students the registration includes the membership fee for 2023.
Booking of the Sola Strand Hotel
We have set aside 50 rooms in the hosting hotel from October 31 to November 3. To get the special price of NOK 1380 per room, the participants need to contact the hotel by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on the phone +47 51943000. Please refer to booking number 42122 when you make your reservation. The reservations will be released soon after the early registration deadline, October 1.
To find more information about the hotel, visit the Sola Strand Hotel website.
The workshop will take place at a historical Sola Strand Hotel with panoramic views of the North Sea, the kitchen serves dishes with local flavors, and a spa where you can relax and discuss geosteering with new friends. The lunches and the dinner are included in the registration fee.
Link to full program.
- GW Geosteering workflows and their applications: pre-job, real-time, post-job (Session chairs: David Holbrough, Alexandra Zaputlyaeva)
- DA opt Optimization and decision-making in geosteering (Session chairs: Supriya Sinha, Sergey Alyaev)
- FE UQ Advanced formation evaluation for reduction of subsurface uncertainty (Session chairs: Maurizio Mele, Nils Andre Aarseth)
- EM+ Resistivity inversion 1,2,3D and data fusion/integration (Session chairs: Jean-Michel Denichou, Frank Antonsen)
- GT+ Applications of geosteering in geothermal and civil wells
- Posters Posters session (Session chairs: Igor Kuvaev, Dler Mirza)
- Pete Heavey (Senior Advisor - New Well Delivery, Aker BP) “An operator’s perspective on the geosteering journey, and where next?”
- David Selvåg Larsen (Reservoir Geoscience Advisor, Vår Energi, Norway) “Advanced geosteering workflows on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.”
- Kelli Randall (Global Geosteering Subject Matter Expert, Chevron Technical Center, USA) “Data liberation driving efficiency and innovation in geosteering.”
- David Pardo (Research Professor, University of the Basque Country, Spain) “Machine learning for modeling and interpreting geophysical borehole measurements.”
- Miklos Antics (Managing Director, GPC IP / GEOFLUID, France) “Geosteering geothermal wells.”
NFES (SPWLA) guidelines for oral presentations can be downloaded here.
The presentation template should be neutral, with commercial logos limited to the title and the final slides. An optional conference powerpoint template can be downloaded here.
- Online Geosteering Competition (sponsored)
- Kahoot! quiz
- Extended to September 7. Deadline for abstracts considered for plenary sessions (150-500 words)
- September 21. The final program is published, and acceptance notification
- October 1. Early registration closes
- October 19. Online registration closes
- November 1-2. Workshop dates
- Frank Antonsen (Specialist petrophysics, Equinor)
- Nigel Clegg (Geosteering Team Leader, Halliburton)
- Jean Michel Denichou (Well Construction Measurement, Schlumberger)
- Nils Andre Aarseth (Chief Petrophysicist, Aker BP)
- Maurizio Mele (Production Geology and Petrophysics Knowledge Owner, Eni S.p.A.)
- Igor Kuvaev (CTO, ROGII Inc.)
- David Holbrough (Global Discipline Lead – Well Construction, Baker Hughes)